View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 01:43 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: What is Happening in Twin Bridges?

Many of us knew about the Winston personnel changes back in '05 when Brackett and crew left and in '08 when Druckman left. What surprised me about your post is what you stated about the wraps. I scoured the Winston board for talk about issues like that and coudn't find any posts relating to that but admit I didn't look way back in history for any. That board is unique in that it is one of the few forums from a rod manufacturer not afraid to have a public forum. In my experience with the site (and I admit to not viewing it much as of late) you have to be pretty darned brazen to have a post yanked. Generally if an issue arises Kevin or whoever is aware of it will post a response right out there in broad daylight for all to see, not just Winston owners. You might try posting your poor wrap findings there unless you're just sort of kicking the bear a bit here.
My latest Winstons are all at least a couple years old. The newest, a BIIt is as smooth and flawless as the other older Winstons. Since they are indeed hand wrapped by local residents in the area, I guess it's possible bad wraps slip by but it's a bit shocking that the finisher and QC would both let less than ideal green sticks get out. I hope this isn't the case anyhow but mere mortals are heavily involved in building these rods.