View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 07:02 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: What is Happening in Twin Bridges?

Not to belabor this, but I'm willing to bet that if a better material was available for covering old bamboo thread wraps the makers back then would have used it. They very well may have tried making a bit of buildup to protect the wraps but ran out of time and patience after several coats.
If I were a builder today I would most certainly opt for the faster yet more durable materials that most premium plastic rod builders use presently.
I wonder too if it isn't the customer who demands the sort of look that present builders use. I know I don't mind it and that I find it cosmetically appealing.
Despite having four or more ferrules and usually a finish coat on the blank, I find todays modern fly rods cast and feel just fine and definately better than those of 70-80 years ago. Even the older rods I have that supposedly broke down and lost their quickness still feel fantastic to cast and fish with.