View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 08:44 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: 3 weighting it for gill/bass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyflingerandy View Post
You can throw size 8-10 streamers on that three weight! That is all I fish on my 3. I refuse to fish tiny dries on it. I will use a 1 or 2 weight for that, but the three caught me a small carp this past weekend on a #10 bugger variant. Don't resign yourself to only throwing those tiny little flies on that rod. Enjoy!
ya man I just wanted to try it out seeing as I never tried a fly that small before. wanted to see if somethign would actually bite it.. I remember someone telling me not to use a size 8 or 10 fly that it was too big on a 3wt and it wouldn't cast for ****. but I used a size 10 brown beadhead bugger today and I was casting it all the way across the river! I am a streamer person myself. I love me some clousers and buggers. thanks man.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.