Thread: buying online
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 11:24 PM

FlyRichardFly will become famous soon enoughFlyRichardFly will become famous soon enough
Default Re: buying online

Cabelas has a $4.95 flat rate now!!
Here is the problem: If you drive to Cabelas it will cost much more than $20 and the Cabelas store probably won't have what you are looking for..... Then you have to put up with a commission sales rep to buy something else.

A couple months ago I really wanted a Redington CPS. Cabelas has a low cost combo for only $395. I researched all the info on the CPS and saw that they were the lightest X Fast rod for that price.
I drove to Cabaleas, the new huge one in Hamburg, PA and sure enough they didn't have any CPS's or even any Legend Ultras! I spent well over $50 for gas and spent most of the day driving.
That night I ordered the outfit I wanted...... with the reel I wanted, and line with overnight shipping at less than half of what I spent when I drove there.

The closest Orvis store is twice as far for me. And I know if I drove there they probably won't have exactly what I'm looking for.

Everything I buy now is Orvis "next day shipping" I check it out closely and buy just what I want. Most stores won't have exactly what I'm after, so the smooth talking sales person will try his best to sell me whatever he has on stock.

Another point: Online you can get the latest and greatest stuff. Any store will have to sell the old outdated junk first before they order the latest stuff.

I'm addicted to online buying. When you compare everything, it's the only way to go. Now I have to buy more stuff....... which I really don't need!

"People are crazy, times are strange"
"I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range"
"I used to care, but things have changed"
- Dylan