View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 09:03 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How do you measure success?

After that fish, I didn't have much luck. So I decided to look around under rocks to see what they might be eating.
Click the image to open in full size.
Again, feel free to ID these. I have no clue.
Some more scenery:

After lunch we decide to change locations, hoping for better fishing. Again, the scenery was stunning. The fishing, S L O W.
This was more of a mountain stream. Reminded me of the SMNP. It was extremely quiet and peaceful, nothing but the sound of running water. Them all of a sudden, it sounded like a sasquatch was running down the hill. Not gonna lie, I was a little freaked out. Finally, what was causing all the commotion comes into view.
Of course they run right through the nice pool I had been eyeing upstream from me. :evil:
I missed a huge strike further upstream. Of course the one millisecond I look away, that's when the fish strikes. We fish up a good ways and I decide to take a break and just watch the water for a while.
I eventually came to this HUGE pool (relative to the rest of this river).
I saw a few risers and never could get a strike on my dry. The only thing I saw was extremely small midges that I couldn't match anyways. I also noticed a nice size brown cruising around. Maybe around 15" or so. I tied on a smaller streamer and had several hits, but couldn't connect. It was getting dark so we decided to hike out and call it quits.

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur