View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 01:28 AM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How do you measure success?

Looks like a good time to me...sometimes you catch a boat-load of fish, and sometimes you catch one. It seems that I never remember any of the fish from the boatloads, but I remember vivid details of the "one" that I caught at cheery run, or Pine Creek. They are hard earned and more savory than the others!

How was Cootie browns? I've found a couple of good eating establishments that really hit the spot during a long day of fishing. Grayling has the 'Lone Pine Diner' and "Spikes", and a I found a little place called "The Hungry Bear Diner" out in Woodland Park CO. I'd never been SO hungry as I was after that two days of ill prepared sub freezing camping out there. I still had to push away some of their massive breakfast portions.

If anyone is interested, here is a link to "the hungry bear diner". If you scroll through the menu link I had the "Big Bear Ommelette". 4 egg omelette with top sirloin, and three made from scratch buttermilk pancakes! Mmm.

http://www.hungrybearcolorado.com/home2.html