View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 04:57 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cheap and effective fly tying

With only rare exceptions, I've tied all my own flies for around 35 years.
While I'll experiment, I was never into tying for fun. It was just what I had to do to have the flies I needed.
I still tie on the Thompson vise I bought in the mid-80's to replace my original Herter's and still use most of the same tools too.
I have a several lifetimes worth of accumulated materials and I'm painfully aware of the stuff that I never should have bought or collected in the first place.
Nowadaze I only purchase what I absolutely need, and make do with what have or what I can scrounge.
And I like it that way.