View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 03:11 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is there are reason for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
The handles are purposefully made small to reduce the risk of the line hanging on it while casting. Orvis even states this in the description of their tapered handles. I have hung on the handle several times, but have an excuse...I'm a noob.

Dave
I never thought of that, but I dont' see it as much of a problem personally. I have snagged the handle before, heck I've wrapped the whole butt end of the rod with my stripped line! I'm not convinced and my campaign of griping will continue! lol!

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I would think it would be hard to notice unless you had a real big fish ripping line off like a rocket, and even then it would just add to the fun when it started to shake like the spin cycle on the washer.
True; I guess it only registers when those idiots test the drags on reels by puling out with a speeding motorcycle! They sit there and complain about how much their arms were shaking about.