View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 03:57 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filson Strap Vest vs Foul Weather Vest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi Andrew,

I'm not going to say that they are the most efficient vest / pack combo on the planet but they do have character and as a fly fisher we tend to gravitate toward things that possess this quality. I like equipment that takes on the patina of age as you and it put in the years together. When I look at pictures of myself taken 15 years ago and compare them to the most recent addition it becomes obvious to me why I don't like the new wave of things. I look older! Therefore it seems normal for me to see some old worn piece of tackle in my age & weather wrinkled hands or clothing my frame. You'll enjoy growing old with the vest................

Ard
Your not old, you've simply aquired a patina