View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The Photography Chat Thread;

Hello Dave,

This picture was taken with a Sigma 50 mm macro lens. I shoot under a 40 watt spot bulb with the white balance set for incandescent light. The f stop is 22 and the shutter speed is 15

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Ard

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
I finally bought a decent digital SLR camera this summer. I plan on going to Yellowstone a few times this winter on short photo trips, what precautions should I need to be aware of?

I've read about putting the camera into a ziplock back before bringing it inside.. anything else?

Not worried about the battery drain, more worried about protecting the camera itself.

Thanks! Dave
Get some practice shooting the snow as it creeps down the mountains Dave. I find that defining the sky / snow peak shots is hard to do. All the snow messes with the white balance in the camera. If you have bright days be sure to have a good polarizer for each lens also. Oh yeah, tripod, don't forget to have a pod and you should get either a remote shutter or a cable, I use both and both are handy.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;