View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: cheap and effective fly tying

Hi Dave,

Heck of a post you made here, I tie them during the winter with hopes of having enough of what works in season. Seldom does this work out, it seems that each year I find that the pattern that is working is one that I have only a few of. Like Rip Tide said, I then go home and make a batch of what works. Even though my flies are pushing the envelope as far as economy goes most are not available for sale and if they were I figure they would cost more than my home made patterns.

Just this past week I was happy to have a good number of the pattern 'Freight Train' in my box. I put a nasty little cut on the tip of my index finger (left hand) and this severely affected my ability to tie a good knot. The results of the bad knot tying on Wednesday totaled out to 2 flies that broke off when the fish grabbed onto the hook. I'll be tying soon...............

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;