View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any casting differences between WF and DT lines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjc View Post
The AFTMA method is absolutely moronic, but a great way to sell more lines by keeping us guessing and buying lines that don't work with our rods.
That's what I have been saying. Then you add on what rods really should be rated at, but are are not rated at. Most rods are stated to be at least one weight under what they really are. Two weights is fairly common and I've even seen a few that are three weights off. Winston on the other hand seems to want to go the other way. My 10wt. BIIX is really a 9.8 but they have a few that are a weight off. Sage is probably the biggest fibber in the market. Even the Cabela's Three Forks rods are off by a weight. The 5 is a 5.9 and the 6 is a 7.1. Toss compound taper heads of who knows what weight heads...... No wonder there are new casters that have so much trouble. I'm sure there is more than a few of them that stumbled on rod/line combo's that sabotaged them before they ever got started.