View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 12:17 PM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Pulaski Rookie visit

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I love this site. When I say that I am a "rookie" that only applies to the area. I have never wet a flyline in the state of New York. I don't blame anyone for protecting their good spots and I would never dream of treading on waters that are near and dear to the local talent without permission (or company). I have heard about the place for years and just thought it might be a good time to hit it as I may be driving close to it on my return trip home. The species of fish is not what is important to me, rather just a place to have a chance of catching something. I spoke to a guy a couple years ago and he stated the following; "Pulaski is great but the fish are really hard to catch, you always hook up but landing them is the problem. Salmon are tough and the place is always crowded". (I said) I heard that there are plenty of big browns too...........Oh sure, he said, "but who cares about the browns? You can catch them any time". Imagine?

gatortransplant, yes, that is the place.
s fontinalis, I will take you up on that offer.

Take care guys and thanks again for the replies,
Dan.

PS>>>>>>shout out to HardyReels, thank you as always for your reply. You are the best.