View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Furled leaders even off a 2-hander.

I got my 'test' leader from Joni about a week ago. 12' long. Most of this time I have been fishing in the dark and trying to get as long a cast as I can. As a result, I can't see a dang thing out where my fly is landing. Today however I took the spey rod down to the river before it got dark. I could actually see where my fly was landing and everything! The furled leader Joni made me is freakin awsome. I'm thinking I need to have a few more made. Have any of you ever put a floatant on one? The one Joni sent me sinks like a brick which is perfect for the flies I was using today, but I was thinking there may be some times I might want a floating leader. Like for bombing little flies out to Mooneye. I fish deep most of the time so I don't want to mess with the one Joni sent me. Need to talk to Joni I think. Did I mention the leader she sent me is freakin awsome?