View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 01:14 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazing natural caster...the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckfluffer View Post
Filming yourself for the first time can be a bit traumatic. You never appear to be doing what you thought you were doing.
Mike
Traumatic is a good way to describe the reaction Bill had to watching the video. As I said though, I thought it looked great. The lighting sucked on the 3 wt. carry, and it was windy when he did the 5 wt. 100' carry, which I'm sure made him work harder at it than he normally has to. The fact he can do it at all impresses me. Hopefully we can get some more video where the lighting is good, the wind is not blowing, and Bill lets me post it. We are fast running out of time where a white line will show up in a video. Pretty soon everything here will be covered in white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausablebrown View Post
I can only carry 65-70 feet in the air before it gets really squirrly on me.
That actually might be all you need to carry. Try and get good line speed, let a little line slip on the last backcast and shoot it. That's how he got me going past 100'. Carry and final distance are not a linear related thing. More carry does not mean more distance.