View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Trying to find a few resources...

If you have a hankering for some old streamer and wet fly patterns see if your local library has a copy of 'Streamers & Bucktails the Big Fish Flies' by Joseph D. Bates. I say check the library so that if they have it you can determine whether this would suffice for some unique stuff. There is a Western Section and this is where I first found pattern info for flies like The Rail Bird, Dr. Mummy, Canadian Killer and The Western Doctor. All are effective streamer patterns and they are different than the more popular contemporary / modern ties that many fisherman are carrying. I am a subscriber to the idea of showing a fish something it has never seen before as being a major contributor to my own success.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;