View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 09:05 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Box of big ol' junk

Tired of having my streamers scattered over several small sandwich boxes and reluctant to shell out $40 for a Cliff Beast box, i had the bright idea this weekend to fashion my own big streamer box

So off to the craft store i set with the idea of picking up a nice big box, and i was successful in getting what i can only imagine is a paint brush box for $10.99, measuring 13"x8" - PERFECT

Next was the liner. The Cliff beast uses some 'neoprene foam material' which google had no answer for, so i plumped for some kids foam floor tiles which are 1m square each - a 4 pack was $16 bucks.

Luckily my baby girl is just getting to walking and playing around the floor so the extras didnt go to waste.

Cutting the foam was a bit difficult as its about half inch thick and stanley knife blades don't go round corners too welll. But i managed to get the job done.

To fit the flies i just cut lines down the foam without going right the way through.

The final result is below. Filled with my streamers for steelheading this winter and the flies from the big meaty streamer swap held on this forum recently.

The foam looks a bit rough around the edges, but its fits pretty well into the box. I just need to get it glued in place and voila - a box for the BIG JUNK costing less than $20
Click the image to open in full size.

Addicted To Vise