View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 11:08 AM

uni2uniknot has a spectacular aura aboutuni2uniknot has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: abaco casuarina point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonefishonthefly View Post
That is some great info on Abaco. I am heading there on November 8th for some DIY bonefishing and would appreciate any help you can provide. I have fished throughout the Bahamas but this is my first trip to Abaco.

Thanks
Great...I am sure you will enjoy your trip to Abaco.

In our trip to Casuarina Point, we didn't do much traveling. We were succcessful each day fishing the beautiful flats right in front of the rental.

Ligth spinning gear is what we used. 7' rods, shimano reels spooled with 15lbs test braid and topped off with 10' of fluorocarbon. used light jigs tipped with fresh conch (which can be bought in town very near the airport.

We used 9' 8 weight flyrods with weight forward floating lines. Smaller flies seemed to work the best. The water was crystal clear and although you could see the fish coming, the fish could also sense your presence and they would spook on bad casts.

I would highly recommend looking into Casuarina Point and especially the rental properties mentioned in my post. Spending a day with guide Buddy Pinder (who lives in Casuarina Point) is also highly recommended.

Best of luck on your trip...tight lines.

Uni2