Thread: fast action rod
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 07:10 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fast action rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassonfly View Post
yeah i have no idea whats wrong but its just harder to cast that rod im not a weak guy at all but it feels so huge comepared to my 6 weight today i stopped very abruptly and was forcefull i tightened up my loops a great deal but started tailing a bit and was able to go to about 60 feet with a double haul but i cant get it past that i geuss thats just practice also how much wrist should i use
Stop right there. I have a 9wt TiCrX and a 10wt TiCr. I use them 3-4 times a week every spring and fall. I can tell you one thing for sure. They do not like to be muscled. Forget about the distance, concentrate on your timing, watch your line. That rod will do ALL the work if you let it.