View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 12:31 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default Re: Czech style nymphing.. What is your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
I always thought it was more of a sales pitch type of thing. But then again these Euro methods were designed around competition fishing, weren't they? I also tend to think alot people are over-weighting their flies, I see it alot where I fish. Either the fly is heavy enough to be cast with a baitcasting reel or theres enough lead on their leader to to load a .357 that right there will eliminate most of the feel or sensitivity. Its a fine balance of weight and casting distance relative to the flow and depth. When its in balance it shouldn't feel like dredging. That being said its not my favorite way to fish but whatelse is there to do when the hatches have all wrapped up and the midges aren't drawing much attention. To me its more fun trying to get it all in balance than just tying on a heavy bead head, shot and starring at a pink bobber.
haha interesting post...
I can only say that there is no such thing as over weighted nymph ,for me and my rivers nymph cant be too heavy