View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 02:45 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Trout and minnows

Ever since leaving the lower forty eight all I use for Trout are feather wing streamers and Sculpin imitations. I live in Alaska and seldom fish dry flies any more. I fished streamers down east about 70% of the time so it was no big deal stepping that up to 99% here.

I like the Nine Three tied with a silver wire body instead of tinsel (for weight and durability) I also add an ostrich herl butt just for fun. The Grey Ghost tied traditionally is a good producer here too.

Only Rainbow Trout here but they love the feather wings. Char like them also. Make them smaller (size 6 or 8) and catch all the Grayling you want. I am a wet fly / streamer fisherman.