View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Excellent Double Spey Video

I learned how to spey cast from videos like this. What I did was to stand in front of the monitor and mimick the moves. After I had them fairly memorized I watched it a few more times taking notes so that when I got to the water, if I had trouble I could refer to them. There is a guy named Kevin Patterson who is a Ghillie on the Tweed River in Scotland who made some really good videos to learn from. Unfortunately he deleted his channel (erntbv) and all the videos with it. Later he came back with a channel with a name that had something to do with Eumer Tubes. Now it seems to be gone. It's a shame because he had videos designed just to teach. I had thought about doing a thread with just good instructional videos, but the way Kevin's keep vanishing has put me off the idea.