View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 09:58 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best Times for Guadalupe?

First, thanks to Shannon and Seattleman1969 (is there a story there in that moniker?) for your advice.

As to why I don't fish the obvious Gulf Coast choice of salt water, I started out fly-fishing on Rocky Mountain stream trout fishing (even though before I got into fly-fishing, I fished everything from salt water - eastern Long Island where I was raised - to mid-western rivers and reservoirs for walleyes, pike, crappies, etc). However, the first time (in Northern Iowa) I watched a rainbow hit my salmon egg or corn kernal on a spinning rig in crystal clear water, I was hooked. Adding the scenic locale of the Rockies to the thrill of having a trout hit a fly I tied has made it such that I don't want to look back to what I regard as "ordinary fishing".

Shannon, your website is fascinating! The guide you mentioned has a great website also, with a lot of really helpful links.

Sounds like, as I suspected, that the Guad should be fly-fished in the winter months, which fits in perfectly since that's when the Rockies are snowed in.

Thanks again, guys.

Neil