View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CutThroat Leader Testimonials

10-30-2011 CutThroat Leader Testimonial
I have not posted any testimonials in a while, now that things are slowing down a bit, I have more time behind the keyboard......

Mike,

This past summer you sent an Ultimate Leader for 4-6 wt for me to try out and asked for my feedback. At long last I had the proper opportunity to try it out. It was wonderful. I fished the Big Horn two days ago. Fish were feeding warily on small BWO’s. I used a 7-1/2” ‘boo rod (a PHY Perfectionist taper, to be exact) with a Cortland Clear Creek 5-wt line, your Ultimate Leader, and +7 ft of 6x tippet. I used a variety of patterns ranging from soft hackle emergers to #20 CDC BWO duns. Your leader was most enjoyable, delivering the offerings accurately and delicately. Nary a fish was spooked by the casts.

I also used the 24” reinforced nymph leader w/swivel (as a streamer leader) – top notch leader throwing wooly buggers.

I also used the 9’ 7/8 spey leader, again with the swivel, throwing buggers at distance, using a 12’ 400 grain ‘boo spey rod. (I had a great time that day using a variety of rods.) Your furled leaders worked much better than any of my previous leader systems. I shall be ordering more leaders soon.

Lastly, I recently ordered the ‘shorty’ dry leaders, which I used a week ago on a narrow high-mountain stream. The shorty leader is just right, especially with the rods I use on that stream (6’ 8” to 7’ ‘boo rods).

I first learned of your leaders a little over a year ago. I currently use nothing but Cutthroat leaders. A fine product.

Regards,

Mike,

Click the image to open in full size.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com