View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 12:33 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you need to fish?

Dave,
Like Milt said, "just add water." I'm a minimalist at heart. If I can get away with less, I am happy. Like you, I do not use a vest.

The trip will determine what I will carry. Will one box of 100 flies do? It can for a water I know. I may need another box for a new water. Will I need a net? For most small waters, I won't. For big waters? It could. A lanyard can carry some essentials. A chest pack can do the same. For most the waters that I fish this time of year, I better be wearing waders with good wading boots.

So the moral of the story. Everyone has a comfort zone on what they need. They can be minimalists like me, or they can carry the kitchen sink.

Dennis