View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 07:02 AM

CoMtFishing will become famous soon enoughCoMtFishing will become famous soon enough
Default Re: South Platte River this past weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2fish View Post
The Ark. should fish well but never really prodcues any fish of size. A lot between 10-15". As far as the Dream Stream section of the S. Platte, looking for an area that doesn't get much pressure is kinda comical. No offense (you would have no way of knowing) but its possible someone is fishing that short stretch of river every day of the year, even more so in the fall looking for big browns to move up into the river. I may be headed there this Sat. with a friend as well. Best of luck, I'm hoping for less than 15 people on the the dream stream section. The Ark won't be anywhere near as crowded.
I try to stay away from the river on the weekends, the only time I dont is when the kid wants to go... let me know if you see any kokes in the river yet. The Ark has had alot of heavy metals in the water from mines and miners over the years, this has been the historic reason the trout do not tend to get over 18" there as their lifespan is cut short. I love fishing the dream stream in snow or bad weather the fishing is always good and no one is around.

Side note: I was there the other day to check out if the kokes had moved up, take tricos... there was a huge hatch every time the sun came out thousands on the water.

My Homepage
My Fishing T-shirt site How I pay for my fishing addiction.