View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: casting techniques

quote:You know, if you have enough room for a back cast I often get my distance squared away by casting somewhere to the right or left of where I want to place the fly. When doing this I can thrash around as much as needed and when there is enough line out to hit my mark I then shift the direction on the last set of back & forward cast. This keeps the whole process away from where you either know or believe the fish are at. Where there is a will there's a way....................
That's a great advice....you can also use Ard's technique when you have no room for a back cast to get enough line out for a rollcast

Last edited by jpbfly; 11-14-2011 at 03:09 PM.