View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 12:32 PM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Echo 3 & 3S Fly Rods

Pocono, I have fished the TCX #7 for a week in Acklins Isl. and loved it. I know at least two expert bonefishers that consider it among the best rods for bones ever. However, I like it with a RIO Bonefish in its rated #7. Granted it has the stuff to throw heavier line but I feel it is at its sharpest with a 7 or perhaps 7.5 line. Too bad RIO doesn't make their Tarpon lighter than 8 weight as that line in 7 (7.5) would be ideal for TCX. Overlining it slows it and dulls its reflexes, in my opinion. A 7 being smaller in diameter, with this rod's potency, would cut ever-present Bahamin wind well. I encourage you to take it out on a big lawn and try it with a few different lines. I appreciate that it is rod that requires excelent timing and strong stops to generate its potential line speed but this is a specialty rod built for few but critical casts that does not have many peers.