View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 12:32 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Echo 3 & 3S Fly Rods

Pocono, I have fished the TCX #7 for a week in Acklins Isl. and loved it. I know at least two expert bonefishers that consider it among the best rods for bones ever. However, I like it with a RIO Bonefish in its rated #7. Granted it has the stuff to throw heavier line but I feel it is at its sharpest with a 7 or perhaps 7.5 line. Too bad RIO doesn't make their Tarpon lighter than 8 weight as that line in 7 (7.5) would be ideal for TCX. Overlining it slows it and dulls its reflexes, in my opinion. A 7 being smaller in diameter, with this rod's potency, would cut ever-present Bahamin wind well. I encourage you to take it out on a big lawn and try it with a few different lines. I appreciate that it is rod that requires excelent timing and strong stops to generate its potential line speed but this is a specialty rod built for few but critical casts that does not have many peers.