View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 10:04 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Echo 3 & 3S Fly Rods

That is a good tale, I can not imaging that super quick stick even bending with such skinny string.

I really appreciate the TCR/TCX lineage but employ them only in situations where relativly few casts are executed but must place a fly at distance with accuracy. Brilliant for hunting permit or big bones from a skiff but somewhat tiresome for repeated or "blind" casting. There are so many sweeter rods from Sage's offerings alone, like Z-Axis and the new One.

Back to ECHO; we are refering to a new model in this thread that few of us have had an opportunity to see much less cast and fish. The 8-weight shootout (which I am a fan of) is oft refered to as have vaulted BVK into the realm of the hig-priced rods. In the smaller print, early in Anderson's elaborat write-up, he indicated that he could not include everything particularly rods not readily available in shops like Albright and Allen Nti, he did no mention ECHO though. I just can't believe a man with the talents and reputation of Tim Rajeff is going to put his name on a rod that is anything less than very good. I hope to see him and his new rods at Somerset in January.