View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 11:16 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lightweight Reel for a 2wt Rod

Cortland Retro Innards:
Click the image to open in full size.

Moscapescador stated in an earlier thread that the Retro's click/pawl system is a Hardy Lightweight knock-off. The picture posted above is from a review done on another forum, and the reviewer is a Hardy reel owner. He gave the Retro high praise, and is known to be tough when reviewing just about everything.

I'd prefer the Retro because of the price, anodizing, and palming rim. I don't know about the color, but did have a light blue Ross reel on a green Z-Axis, and it never bothered me. The gun metal/darker blue of the Retro would no doubt look better than pale blue on a green rod. Rustoleum is still in business if it doesn't.