View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 12:59 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Galvan Rush: Drag Question

I could just bother the same 2-3 forum members, but I'm going to toss this one out to the whole forum. I just bought new Galvan Rush 4, and the out-going drag is "indexed". It's smooth, but there are clear tactile index clicks. I bought a Galvan OB-4 a few weeks ago, and that reel's drag is much smoother: no indexing out-going, and silent retrieve. Neither reel is machined as well as an Abel, so if you don't want to spend the $$$, don't try the best. The OB-4 was nice enough, but I'm a bit underwhelmed with the Rush.

P.S. I just re-read this post, and it might seem a bit harsh. I'm comparing the machining of a $200 reel with that of a $275 Abel...WAIT! That's not a big difference! Galvan's service is excellent, so please take that into account. The Rush is a decent reel, and better than the Sage 4540 I owned for an hour last month, but I was expecting a bit more. The Ross Evolution is a much smoother reel, but it's more expensive.

EDITED BECAUSE I LIKE THE RUSH NOW....

Last edited by FrankB2; 11-18-2011 at 02:12 PM.