View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 04:06 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: played with the Shad all morning

I normally fish them in June, in the Delaware river. They're a lot of fun on a 6wt. This time of year they pop in on the beaches. Not much fun on a 10wt but better than being skunked.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannafish View Post
I was waiting for you to post a picture of a chad as I had never seen one; somewhat similar to bonefish in looks. I guess they used to run in the Saint John river here before the dams were put in and maybe they still do but I've never caught one.
You may have some land locked Shad above the dams but I'm pretty sure the dams have stopped the migration. In the river we catch them on what we call Shad darts. Size 1 hook, tinsel wrapped from the bend to the eye and a few wraps of bright chenille behind the eye. They don't get much easier than that.