View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 05:35 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: played with the Shad all morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Then shad are much like freshwater drum (some call them sheepshead, not to be confused with sheepshead/convict-fish, the saltwater species) when I fish in Kentucky. Great fighters and voracious eaters, and very abundant! I plan on targeting them on the fly when I get a chance. Great look of joy in the second photo!
She's a trooper, hung in there the whole morning. I was throwing a 30' T11 sinktip. Not exactly the best setup for a new caster. Luckily they were in close and she got to a few.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
That would be American Shad which are pounds larger than the hickory shad. Hickory shad are a relative new comer to the cold water northeast.
The hickorys do fight like little tarpon and while they're a by-product catch when fishing for stripers, they're still fun.
Sorry for fishing a sinktip Riptide. Rip was too much today. I thought of you today when I switched out my reels. Lol

Last edited by swirlchaser; 11-17-2011 at 10:57 AM.