View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Magic Tool, standard

Hi BlueBird,

You are really getting into fly tying in a big way. That is great and ladies are very good at tying flies. My wife use to tye all of mine.

There is a DVD available on how to use the Magic Tool. I have not used one my self but it does seem like an interesting technique.

Frank

Click the image to open in full size.
Mp Magic Tool Dvd
Item # RP003

Magic Tool DVD by Marc Petitjean covers all of the basic applications and techniques necessary to use the MAGIC TOOL to open up a whole new dimension to your fly tying! You'll see Marc tying with his other clever, custom designed MP TOOLS that are now available. Marc covers the following 6 patterns: Basic CDC Caddis, CDC Pardo (Coq de Leon) Caddis, Mayfly Dun, CDC Mayfly Parachute, Chickabou Streamer and Basic Salmon/Steelhead Fly. Learn to integrate CDC as a "hackle substitute" for all of your favorite mayfly and caddis patterns, even parachutes! Watch how to make beautifully segmented and buggy bodies on any mayfly, create endless hackle substitutes, mix dubbing and feathers for streamers and nymphs, use materials like Angel Hair and Lite Brite to make collars on streamers and baitfish patterns and more. Plus he clearly and concisely shows how to use the wooden dowels included with the Magic Tool set to incorporate long strands of material like Krystal Flash into absolutely any pattern. 33 minute DVD