View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 01:08 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Reel for TFO BVK 8 wt

I am with MP on this. Go to a Bahamian bonefish lodge and the majority of rods on the rack will be mounted with Abels and Tibors. They are bullet proof reliable, strong and USER MAINTAINABLE. Nothing wrong with sealed drags and they are undoubtably growing in popularity and acceptance. I have been using a Hatch (along with my draw-bars) and it has been great and I have a new sealed drag reel that I will use in the Bahamas in a couple of weeks. But if something goes awry with a sealed drag you have to go to your back-up reel.

Since reels in the salt, particularly when wading, do accidently get dunked now and then and must be taken appart and rinsed, if you go with a sealed drag select one that is truely sealed. If removing the spool exposes the drag assembly or it actuating bearing to contamination then it is not "sealed".