View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 03:20 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Reel for TFO BVK 8 wt

The only Ross model that is sealed to my knowlege (jump on in Ross-o-philes, what is your opinion of this interesting new model?) is the new F1. The new Orvis saltwater reels they say are sealed as well. Aparently all the Lamson/Waterworks reels are NOT sealed, at least when taken apart to rinse out. The most famous and expensive sealed reel is the Charlton Mako. Still higher than mid-price would be the California-built Hatch and Florida-built Nautilus NV. Hardy's newest saltwater reel, which also looks very cool, has like the Hatch, a multi-disc sealed drag. I am sure I am leaving a bunch out but beware of "sealed" hub-drags that you remove a one-way bearing and flip it over to change cranking direction. If you, the fisherman, can reach this bearing with your fingers, you do not have a sealed drag.