View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 05:52 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why kill them???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
meanwhile we catch and release guys are eating hormone induced shrimp and seafood from Asia....read your labels and reject any fish and seafood from viet nam and asia...
I saw a show about shrimp farming in Vietnam and other asian countries. I'm not a shrimp eater, but that show was disgusting!!!!

One of the better trout streams near me (Valley Creek) has high PCB levels, and has signs posted stating that it is illegal to possess fish from the stream. That keeps the native trout growing nicely, and the PCB's don't seem to have any ill effects on them. I suppose it's illegal to possess the fish from the stream because the angler might not care, but his family and friends might not be aware of the contamination. It's a beautiful stream, and one of the more famous of Pennsylvania's trout streams.

I've been catching stocked trout from the local lake since last week, and I would eat one: pale and damaged. They do put up a good fight....