View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 08:03 PM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Photo Theme of the week or Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hey Mike,

That bunch of water shots you posted on the Show Us thread; did you use a ND filter on them? Also what lens?
Ard,

I almost hate to admit it, but those shots were all taken with a simple waterproof point-and-shoot camera - an Olympus Stylus Tough 8000. In fact, most of my on-stream pictures are. As clumsy as I am, taking the Nikon on he water - I shoot an older D70 around the house - is not an option. The Stylus I can dunk, drop, sit on, and freeze - all of which I have done on many, many occasions - and it slips into my pocket quite nicely.

I'm a big fan of Lightroom and use it extensively, but those particular three are pretty close to how they came out of the camera - minor crops and horizon leveling done, mostly. I've read mixed reviews on the Stylus line but I have had some pretty decent results.

Just goes to show that, with a little attention to light and composition, it doesn't take fancy equipment to get some nice images.

Mike

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

.. and to answer your question, the Stylus has the equivalent of a 28-102mm zoom lens. No filters possible.

MIke

OOPS!!! Wrong Mike... :-) My statement stands, however.

Last edited by Sep; 11-23-2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Oops! Wrong Mike.