View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 07:02 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazing natural caster pt. 3.

I agree with Jackxter; there's a lot of upper body muscle power in your caster.

I did notice one thing. He looks like he's using two different casting strokes; one for the back cast and and one for the forward cast.

Give or take the first couple of inches of the stroke, his back cast starts with somewhat of a jerk; he's got a lot of the acceleration in that stroke at the front end; much less towards the back.

The front cast, on the on the other hand, starts with less acceleration and accelerates throughout the stroke; which is what I'd expect for a distance casting stroke.

I recall that Dan said that his back cast might actually be better than his forward cast, but looking at the difference in the two strokes, I find that surprising, because a stroke that has more acceleration at the front than at the back should yield a shorter distance, since the rod is just following the line after the initial accelerating jerk.

Perhaps I'm just looking at it wrong, but you might want to discuss it with him.

To me Steve Rajeff's forward and back casts both look like this guy's forward cast.

However he does it, I'd sure like to be able to cast the distances that he does.

Pocono