View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: I think I ruined my head cement

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
For cellulose based thinners (the traditional head cements that smell like nail polish) you can use plain old lacquer thinner from a hardware store (I use it on Sally Hansens's Hard as Nails too).
Ditto's to Mark, I have a 1 Qt. can in the garage and keep a small bottle (4 oz.) on the bench.

Even if you use the correct reducer remember this, stir the reducer into the cement. Don't give into the urge to put some in, cap it, and then shake the cement. This results in a million tiny air bubbles some of which linger for days. These almost microscopic bubbles will create a very strange effect when the cement dries.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;