View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 03:40 AM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold
Default Want to tie, need information.

I have been wanting to get into fly tying for some time now, especially after slaying the trout the last couple of weekends. I have a quality vise and the tools, but I don't have the materials. The closest thing to a fly shop is in the local Cabela's, but it doesn't have much of a selection and the employees aren't very helpful. I have been looking into the patterns and bundles at Charliesflybox, but I just don't know how much material I am going to need. I would like to tie a good variety of Pheasant tail nymphs, gold ribbed hares ears, wooly buggers, bead head prince nymphs, and possibly some dry flies (feel free to recommend any flies). I would like to keep my budget around 200$, and I want to tie as many flies as possible in different sizes and colors. Any information provided on how many flies I should be able to tie per bag of pecock herl, whiting hen cape, whiting 100 pack, hares mask, and other information like that or about the must have colors/sizes of said flies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chase.