View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Should the forum have a Photography Catagory

Hi Everyone,

Adding a dedicated forum is beyond my scope of ability however what I can do at this time is take the Photo Chat Thread and the seasonal Theme thread and Sticky them in the Lodge Den.

The Lodge forums are the traditional location for all topics other than those directly related to tackle,, cast, tying, and technique, so even if we created a Photo Forum people would have to go looking in the Lodge Den forums to find it. In other words I don't see a marked improvement in a new forum.

The reason I posted a Photography Chat thread was an effort to cut down on the text replies to the Show Us Your Photography thread. That thread has been very popular but has also become so overrun with chat that members sometimes have to scroll several pages to find the pictures. I would love to go to that thread and remove all of the text post so that when you visited the thread beginning on page one and scrolled through you would find nothing but images. This would be a huge task and would be somewhat unfair as it would remove post made by many members.

I will stick the threads and ask that we would try to keep chat and sample photos on the chat thread and place collections of pictures that we wish to display to the membership on the Photo thread. If we went that route I could then begin moving 'new text replies' to the chat thread and send to posters a request that they reply in text to the chat thread and explain why in my message.

Would that suffice for a start?

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;