View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 04:36 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should the forum have a Photography Catagory

I do not see a need to create a category for photography. Yes, a lot of fisherman carry point and shoot camera's and some are probably a more serious about photography, and some very serious. But this is still a fly fishing forum site. How much photography talk do you want to see here? Technical details about DSLR features, about lens speeds and macro ring lights? Because I know avid photographers are as serious about their hobby as as fly fishers about all the stuff we are serious about (just look at all the categories here!), and I don't see this forum going there. Not that I would care if it did, I just think that if you really want to learn about photography, those forums and resources are already numerous online.

Stickies threads to share advice and ask questions, show off fish, share photography and have a themed thread...I think these are all great ideas that I would follow.

My 2 cents....you asked!