View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is it about Steelheads....

They fight well and can be tough to catch, but for me it's a respect thing, especially after learning about their life cycle and the journey they go through to return to their home water to start the cycle all over again. The fact that they can return to spawn 3 or 4 times, some as many as 5 doesn't hurt either.

Dec Hogan's book 'A passion for Steelhead' gives some fantastic detail into the life of these amazing fish.
Amazon.com: A Passion for Steelhead (Masters on the Fly series) (9780974642710): Dec Hogan: Books Amazon.com: A Passion for Steelhead (Masters on the Fly series) (9780974642710): Dec Hogan: Books

I've only been chasing them the last 3 years, hooking several and finally landing my first just over a month ago, I can say....I'm hooked on Steelhead!

You'll understand exactly why when you look into that big dark mysterious eye of your first wild Steelhead.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Last edited by fysh; 11-29-2011 at 08:13 PM.