View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 10:20 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waders and boots

I have owned a pair of Redington Sonic Pro Zip waders since February and they seem durable. I have put at least 30 days fishing in them. So far no leaks at the usual spots (the seams). I have not had a failure with the zipper. I have knelt on rocks and walked through berry bushes.

I am a big fan of the zippered waders. It is so easy to get in and get out of them.

My only negative about the waders is that the membrane isn't as breathable as the Gore Tex membranes in Simms or Patagonia's proprientary one. I have noticed mild condensation build up on the inside of my waders. A better quality membrane would had breathed it out.

My main wading boots are studded felt Patagonia Riverwalkers. They fit my feet well, plus they are very light. These are great if you want a lightweight set of boots. However one will give up some durability compared to most of the Simms lineup.

Dennis