View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Weight Placement for Nymphing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
You could also try the "bounce rig" which places the weight at the very bottom of a two fly nymphing rig. It's a very popular and effective set up used a lot on our Provo River.
Man, one of my favorite techniques AND Zeppelin? Speakin' my language bud.

A few points- one doesn't have to use a handful of shot for the technique. On slower water, I frequently run a bounce rig with two #6 shot on point.

Also, if you're going to use their clinch on standing line with overhand knots for stoppers, your standing line better be stout, because overhand knots cut its breaking strength by about half.

I normally build my two fly bounce rigs by tying on tippet twice and leaving the tags long. If you drop down to lighter mono for the point section, you can break snagged weights off and get your flies back.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.