Thread: Buyer Beware
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 09:56 PM

hollyw00d will become famous soon enoughhollyw00d will become famous soon enough
Default Buyer Beware

I had purchased a rod from California Fly Shop on November 9th which I had to send back for a refund. The rod was back in their possession on the 16th. Since then, I've been getting the runaround about my refund. The rod was sealed in the factory packaging, and I received an email stating that all was good the return, but I had to wait for the persona that deals with returns to refund my PayPal payment. I called on the 17th and spoke with the person who I've been corresponding over email about my return. She said that the person approved my return and I will receive my refund in the next few days. As a side note, PayPal refunds are instant, unlike a credit card where it may take several days for it to show up. On the 28th, I opened up a dispute claim with PayPal regarding this transaction since I hadn't received my refund and subsequent attempts to communicate with the retailer have been in vain.

Just wanted to give y'all a heads up about my experience with this retailer.

***UPDATE***
I've received my refund.

***UPDATE 2***
I've been reimbursed for return shipping.
Wish my experience could have been different. The Gorge Fly Shop, the only other online fly retailer I've needed to return items to, treated me like gold in the same situation; professional and responsive.

Last edited by hollyw00d; 12-03-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: update