View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 08:44 AM

dave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: An imaginative son

Thanks Mike and Dave,

MIke, I looked at the Redington 9' 5wt combo last weekend and nearly bought it. My wife had reservations about buying Randy a rod for his Birthday. I did some sly questioning to Randy, basicaly asking him which one would he like to get for his birthday. It turns out he is expecting to get an AirSoft Rifle. So we chose to get him the rifle. Christmas is coming up...

Dave, I think your post will really fire him up. Last week he asked me if anyone replied to this thread recently. There wasn't any new replies at the time. I'll let him read what you posted. I betcha that'll get him going!

He been watching me tie some flies and he came up to me a couple days ago and said that he has decided to take a "little" instruction from me. He used the "little"... Haha. He doesn't want to be too influenced on how to do something. He likes to figure things out for himself and come up with his own ideas.

I read the book "Pocket Water: Confessions of a Restless Angler" by William G. Tapply recently and he talks about just letting kids figure things out on their own. So I'm taking that advice.

Dave