Thread: Buyer Beware
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default re: Buyer Beware

Hi Everyone,

I don't like this type of thread because we only hear one side of the story. Getting an immediate credit for a return is not something I see with a lot of companies. hollyw00d got his refund and that is what is important. We don't know why the rod was returned so we have no way of knowing if paying the return shipping was a reasonable thing. I have returned many things and sent in many others for repair and I aways have to pay for the shipping back to the vendor.

I am not saying hollyw00d doesn't have a legitimate complaint. I am just saying we don't know the other side of the story. From what I have read I would buy from California Fly Shop.

Edit: I checked the California Fly Shop returns procedure and they do say they will pay returned shipping in some cases. Here is what the return policy states:

"The biggest problem with buying gear on the Internet is that you can’t be sure about what you’re buying until it shows up. If it’s a rod, you want to cast it. If it’s a reel you want to turn the handle and tighten the drag. We get that. In order to make sure the gear you buy is right for you, we’re offering free returns for all unused gear and merchandise within 30 days of purchase.

Here’s the thing: if you decide to return the gear back to us, you must send it in the original packaging with the tags on, along with your receipt and in the same condition we sent it to you – which means new. If you get it wet or dirty or in any condition other than pristine you can consider it yours – and we will too."

Their refund policy states that payment will be made within seven days after receipt and inspection.

Frank
---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------