Thread: Buyer Beware
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 03:18 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default re: Buyer Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyw00d View Post
reason for return: did not like the lack of communication when inquiring about order status, so i sourced rod locally between when i placed the order and when it arrived.

return shipping policy: "In order to make sure the gear you buy is right for you, we’re offering free returns for all unused gear and merchandise within 30 days of purchase."

my experience, and opinion, is all i have to share. the purchasing aspect is great: place an order, receive what you ordered. if you want to know the status of your order or if you need to return your order, it was a horrible experience.

to each their own, but i will never recommend buying from California Fly Shop to anyone.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

not sure why i have to defend my experience. this would have never been posted if the company communicated with their new customer; kept me in the loop, so to speak.
What was the "lack of communication" that got your panties in a wad enough to send the rod back? No tracking number to see when it would arrive? So you get wound up, buy one locally and send the original one back.
No you don't have to defend yourself, but when you put it on a public website and fishing forum, expect to get flogged in a one sided story. Not trying to cause trouble or pi$$ you off, but it's a fact of internet life. Plus being kept in the loop- how should that accomplished?